Early in the new year is an ideal time to review your financial goals and the impacts of your dollars on people and the planet. Even if your assets are small, where you bank or invest makes a real difference to the well-being of communities and the environment. Join us on February 1st for a practical and inspiring introductory webinar on how you can green your finances. We’ll cover:
- What is socially and environmentally responsible banking and investing? Why is it needed?
- What do community development banks and credit unions do? Can anyone use them? Any risks?
- Who needs a financial advisor? What do they do and how do I evaluate them? What’s the difference between a conventional financial advisor and a “green” advisor?
- Green America resources to help you get started!
- Finding financial products and services
- Fossil fuel free investing
- What about my employer?
- Shareholder proxy voting